Monday, February 3, 2014

Orbit Baby

This post is for those new mommies or soon to be mommies out there. If you are expecting, you probably are now shopping and doing your research on the best stroller out there. There are MANY MANY strollers and MANY high end strollers. So, I guess the question is, are they worth it? Or is it a status thing. Well, I did my research and some are status strollers but one stroller stood out among the others to me that's at no compare. So, I didn't even have something comparable to price it at. That is the Orbit Stroller. I have the G2, I should rephrase, I have the ENTIRE line of Orbit Baby products. They now have a G3 stroller out which seems even better. When the new frame came out, I was devasted because I really wanted the new brake system (mine did break once and Orbit sent me a new one. That is not a typo, they sent me a Brand New one), and the double cup holder. But, I found out that all my G2 products are compatible with the new G3 frame so maybe I'll get a new one later?

My review will be about the G2 but the concept of this stroller is simple and the same. Here is why I love this brand:

1. The main thing that sets this brand apart, the ROTATING BASE! It makes it easy to switch car seats among 2 cars with out installing each time (life saver!). It saved my back from a lot of pain (I have a bad back from getting hit by a drunk driver). It makes the daily use of the stroller available in every situation so far. Airport, restaurant, travel, city life, parks, shopping, EVERYTHING!

2. The customer service/warranty on this is not a joke. They have live people that help you! If you are lucky enough to be in the Bay Area, you can actually go to their actual office. They will fix your stroller or replace if necessary.

3. Its light weight and easy to fold (one hand). You know when people are waiting for your parking spot thinking "This family is going to take forever to load their baby and stroller", they are often surprised how fast we are. In fact, I've had people thank me for being so fast but it was because of the stroller.

4. Grows with your child and family. We got the bassinet and it was a life saver. I took Alexis to work with me for 5 weeks and she slept in the bassinet at work. Then, you can switch to the toddler seat and you can use it for another 3 to 4 years. If your family grows in the meantime, you can get the attachment to use as a double stroller and the kickboard for older kids.

5. The biggest one - The toddler car seat goes on the stroller base. Yes, its heavy. But think about when you have to travel. Why bring 2? Now, you only have to bring 1 seat to use as your car seat and your stroller seat.

The cons which have all been fixed with the G3:

1. The brake system. Not flip flop friendly and wasn't very durable. But, looks like they have fixed it and its much more durable by looks. I don't know about actual use.

2. 1 cup holder on the G2 with no option for add on. The G3 has 2 cup holders

3. Storage on the G2 is not practical. Its extremely small especially for the areas that no longer provide shopping bags. Before the change, I used to use it as a diaper bag. The good thing was that the pod completely comes out so you don't have the empty out your stroller before folding it. Just take out the pod and empty it later. The new G3 has a huge cargo area but I think you have to empty it before folding.

The price on this stroller is really comparable if not less than the Bugaboo and Stokke. We are a family that have bought 2 more strollers for multiple uses. We have a Bob for running and sporting event and we have an umbrella stroller for those places that we don't want to take our nice stroller like the beach and amusement parks. I was not going to park my Orbit stroller at Disneyland for others to take. Take my MacClaren and I'll be mad but take my Orbit, I'll have a breakdown.

www.orbitbaby.com

We've been stopped so many times with people asking us about our stroller. When people see it in action, they freak out. I've had so many parents with Bugaboos regret getting it because they lost the versatility and ease of the Orbit because they went for the look and status. One dad asked me "Why didn't you get the Bugaboo?" and I said "I buy things for the use and what it does. Not because of what other people will think about my stroller, even if it was the ugliest stroller in the world. It fits my families need and makes my life easy. I have enough work with a baby, if I was going to pay for something, it better make my life easier." He replied "Yea, we wish we got the Orbit".

No comments:

Post a Comment