Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lollacup Review

I've searched high and low for the perfect straw cup. Although I haven't found the exact perfect one, I found one pretty close. I've bought every brand possible of straw cups and Lollacup is my favorite. Here are my initial expectations:
1. Must be able to drink at all angles
2. Does not leak due to pressure (you know when milk start coming out of the straw like a fountain?)
3. BPA free
4. Non toxic and free of coloring (the main cup that is actually holding the liquid)
5. Soft straw (the prevent from accident)
6. Can fit in the cup holder in the car
7. Easy to clean
8. Does not leak when tipped over

Lollacup does all but the last one. Now that my daughter is almost 2, she's pretty good about not throwing her cup everywhere so that is why #8 has been placed at the bottom of the list. Many of you probably love the Zoli but the Zoli did not satisfy #6 and #7. It did however satisfy #8.

The Lollacup and the Zoli are my favorite hands down but Lollacup is at the top of my list for these reasons of comparison:

1. Lollacup has a removable handle so it can fit in cup holders.
2. Zoli has a split tip on the top of the straw. I think this is how it prevents leaks when tipped over. However, it makes it very difficult to clean.
3. The straw is a lot narrower in the Zoli than the Lollacup. My daughter can use less effort to get more milk out. I didn't think too much into this at first but as we used the 2 cups, the issues came up. I mix in Honest Toddler Multi Vitamins and the split top at the top of the straw prevents her from getting the powdered vitamins (it doesn't all completely dissolve). When I use the vitamins, I really have to be able to get in the straw to clean it out well. The Zoli's straw is so thin, the it gets hard to clean out completely.

And that is why I have every color of the Lollacup. You can check out all the colors at their website www.lollaland.com

I got mine at Amazon as there isn't any local retailers that carry it.


No comments:

Post a Comment