Wednesday, May 7, 2014

MommyCon San Francisco

This is a much delayed review on the event. However, it was a great experience and I've learned a lot. It was a mini convention for natural baby raising choices. Lots of information on reusable diapers. In fact, they brought it all out and all the different types of diapers. That was really helpful.

What I took away from this and why you should attend as a new parent:

1. There are MANY products out there that are not in stores like Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby. I found a much better designed nursing bra that what was in stores that would have saved my back and time. There were also things that helped with cloth diapers like a toilet spray  and a shield to help it from splashing everywhere.

2. You see how natural parenting has worked for many children. There were many babies there so you really see how happy, healthy, and easy that life choice is.

3. There were a lot of new products being introduced that weren't out on the market yet. So, you get the opportunity to touch and feel them. I got to try on the new Ergo Baby 360 before it was out. I love it and I plan on getting one when I have the 2nd.

Its nice because I got to speak with a lot of the inventors/owners of small businesses that are just introducing their new products that are currently only available online. Hearing how their product was made and the reason behind the invention.

What I recommend before going:

1. The San Francisco event may not have been as big as the others but spending half the day there was sufficient.

2. The meetings/conferences were extremely packed. I looked at the packed room and got terrified and left. If there is a specific one that you really want to see, get there very early and hold your spot.

3. Don't expect all the mommies there to be too friendly. Some of them are on a mission of some sort and I'm not sure what. I imagine it's because they have to be done with the place before their child's patience runs out which I completely understand. So, if you have a choice of babysitter, leave your children at home so that you can really focus and take your time experiencing all that there is. I left my daughter with my parents so I was able to focus on the new products without chasing my 2 year old.

4. Arrive light because there are tons of business cards, information, etc to hold. It gets heavy. Luckily, MommyCon comes with a great gift bag that you can throw everything in or there was The Bump that was there passing out reusable totes as well. I didn't plan ahead and brought my gigantic purse and it got too heavy. Luckily, I brought my human coat hanger (my hubby) to help me hold all the goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment