Friday, November 13, 2015

Baby DeeDee Review - Winter Sleepwear

I have searched high and low, all the way to China and Europe to find a thick warm good quality sleeping bag for Alexis and Audrey. I've bought the down alternative bags from China and they were just terribly cheap. It kept Alexis warm but the one size fit all was just too big for her and it made me nervous.

I finally found Baby DeeDee which I LOVE. It keeps Audrey (now 1) warm and safe. Surprisingly, she seems to sleep better now so YAY!! Although Audrey is 1, she is still not ready for a blanket. She gets tangled in it and it upsets her.

Sleep Sack Pros:
1. There is a large size plastic zipper so its super easy and safe to zip. Since its big, it's super fast and easy to zip up or down in different positions.
2. There are also buttons on the shoulder which for my husband, he loves. He wants to just "drop" the baby into her sack....men.
3. Soft and comfy - It seems to get softer the more you wash it. Nice and thick, the baby wakes up with warm hands which warms mommy's heart.
4. I ordered from their website and it ships FAST.
5. Size options - there are 3 sizes so you're not stuck with a super long bag. If your baby is a mover, a bag too big just wakes them up and no parent wants that.

Sleep Sack Cons:
1. Expensive - I think it's a bit on the expensive side. The large size goes up to $48. Items like this, I normally buy 2 so I can rotate and wash. However, when you buy 2, they cost close to $100 and that can get a bit too much. I've invested in 1 so far so I'm tempted to try to make just having 1 work instead of buying another bag for convenience.
2. Availability - It's not yet sold in major retailers like Babies R Us or Buy Buy Baby so you don't get to tough and feel just yet. The baby boutiques around me and just not easy to get to with kids. Normally, they are located downtown or in the city and no mom wants to deal with finding parking, paying for parking, and dragging 2 babies depending on how far you had to park to get to a boutique. So, its online shopping for me for now.
3. No organic option - not that big of a deal but seems like a good idea?

I also got the sleep kicker for my 3 year old. I'm not 100% satisfied with the warmth of it yet. I would like a material like the sleep sack for her as she still seems to be cold and again, won't keep on a blanket. This search continues.

Audrey got the baby sleepsie:

Sleepsie Pros:
1. Warm
2. Easy diaper access. A separate zipper around the legs so baby stays warm and dressed during diaper changes.
3. Super soft
4. CUTE!

Sleepsie Cons:
1. A little too tight. My daughter is 12 months old and I bought her the 12-18 months and there is no way she will last another 3 months in this size. She's not a big girl, she's only 17.5 lbs and its pretty snug on her. There isn't too much room for her to grow in length through 18 months either so I think their sizing needs to be adjusted and offer more in between sizes to keep the snug.
2. Footsies - the slip guard they put on the bottom of the footing does not work on hardwood or tile. Baby still slips around. I recommend bigger rubber dots on the bottom. Also, if the sizing got adjusted with a smaller range, it would fit better on the foot area without the extra room to grow which will allow the footing to work better. This is a big con for me because its a safety issue and also this is the age where they are learning to stand and walk.

Overall, LOVE the sleep sack. Still looking for a better sleep solution for my 3 yo, and the sleepsie needs a bit of refinement and it'll be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment